Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Kaine vs. Kilgore

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    "is abortion murder, well lets let God judge these people and not the united states supreme court."

    Don't worry God will judge them when the time comes...but in the meantime if I decide to go in a convenience store and bust a cap between the clerks eyes and take all the money then shouldn't the court also just let God decide whether that was ok or not? That sounds a little like anarchy to me.

    One of the greatest gifts that God gave Man while making him in his own image was the ability to reason....that means he gives us the intelligence and capacity to decide right from wrong and henceforth make the laws of the land for all individuals to abide by....if we choose to ignore this gift and allow for evil or wrong doing to be "legal" and acceptable in our society then we will all be ultimately responsible.....i.e... Sodom and Gemorrah

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    But the ability to learn, have knowledge, gain knowledge is also from God. So if man learned how to do an abortion, then didn't God provide the knowledge?

    Like I said, I'm not for unlimited abortion but I also don't think its something you can outlaw, because like that will stop them going on?

    In a weird way, I think of it this way. Man was defective, had no chance of heaven but God 'gave up' his son so we could live. So if a mother has the option to 'give up' her child so she can live, wouldn't that be sort of similar?

    I think the knowledge and the ability to abort a child is part of the knowledge God gives man. The ability to determine if a child is going to cause a mother to die likewise and its up to man to determine to use the gift for evil or good.

    I mean this time you say its bad so lets do away with it. By your very example, a gun used wrong can be bad, so lets make sure we line up to take them away too.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    But the ability to learn, have knowledge, gain knowledge is also from God. So if man learned how to do an abortion, then didn't God provide the knowledge?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I see how you are using this statement. But I do have a rebuttal. God also gave Adam and Eve the knowledge about the forbidden fruit. Unforunately that didn't go over too well.

    I just hope that we can get some decent information on both. I am like gcdev the I lean to Kilgore for familiarity, but I do want info, and to get a feel for Kaine as well.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #24
    Inactive Member imported_JustaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Im voting for Kilgore, he's a local boy,can only help this area to have a local up state representing us.

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Well God also told them don't eat from that tree. If God speaks directly to me and tells me not to do something, I think I'll listen [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    It's a tough row and a big topic and I really don't know but good discussion is good discussion [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    God provided man the knowledge to do his will which is good...however Satan came to the Garden of Eden and convinced Eve to eat the apple which in result provided man with the knowledge to do evil. God never intends for man to use technology and the intelligence he provided for evil...Man chooses that....

    A mother should know the risk of pregnancy before she decides to conceive and if she does decide then let God's will be done without human intervention...if the baby is healthy and the mother is healthy then GREAT everyone is happy....no Dr can guarantee if a mother will certainly die before giving birth to their child, they can give a calculated risk and thats about it. Are you saying that the mother has a right to choose life but the baby has no choice? If having the right to choose is what this is all about then how can you discern that the baby has NO right?

    Almost anything can be used to do evil, not just guns. With your rationale we would have to eliminate hard or sharp objects or for that matter highways and bodies of water.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    if i knew for a fact that Kilgore would help out swva the most then I would vote for him in a heartbeat. but just because he is a local boy doesnt mean he is gonna put us first.

    i along with many others think that teacher's salarys are a joke in this area. they are not paid nearly enough if you look at all the lives they touch.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Teachers get paid enough for the type of work they do and the amount of time they are off.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    I was just kidding around with ya Rock!

    I agree with you Moonlight on the payment for teachers. Although bgj mentioned their amount of time off. The really good teachers use that time to learn new teaching methods, and more information for their courses. That is part of the reason I believe they deserve more money.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #30
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    my brother gets paid right at 37,000 for basically 9 months worth of work, if you were to add 3 more months on he would be making roughly 49,000 so I would say that they make quite a bit, especially for this area. I hear teaching salaries may be going up as well. I know a teacher from rochester ny thats making over 70,000 a year, even for that area where expenses are higher, thats great money.

    One of the smartest fellas I know is Gary Stratton, a professor at uvawise, he is a business dept teacher but he uses the rest of his time off for entrepuneral opportunities. Needless to say he does fairly well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •